Our technology platform allows us to be present in the pharmaceutical sector with delivery systems, syringes, sets and in the medtech sector with consumables and implantable devices. We develop and manufacture products for a large variety a medical specialties like orthopedics, dental surgery, general surgery, ophthalmology, interventional cardiology with a special focus in aesthetic medicine and plastic surgery.
Silicone, Elastomer transformation
Expertise transformation silicones held by SYMATESE GROUP established for over 30 years to high scientific standards, has been recognized by a market leader in the 2000’s. On this basis, we continued to optimize breast prostheses to give birth to a new range of products guaranteeing more security and well being for patients.
Extraction, purification and transformation of collagen
SYMATESE has extracted and transformed collagen for more than 30 years in compliance with sanitary and regulatory requirements requested for medical applications (traceability, certificates).
SYMATESE extracts collagen from different tissues (hides, tendons, kidney, kneecap) and from different animal species (bovine, porcine). For products of bovine origin, SYMATESE has validated an American and Australian source for animal tissue, and for porcine products a French source. Medical devices manufactured by SYMATESE from animal tissue are in compliance with the standard NF EN ISO 22442 parts 1 to 3 (2008).
SYMATESE’s collagen is in compliance with the European requirements:
- Regulation (UE) N° 722/2012 of 8 August 2012 concerning particular demands with regards to the requirements laid down in Council Directives 90/385/EEC and 93/42/EEC with respect to active implantable medical devices and medical devices manufactured utilising tissues of animal origin.
- Monograph N°1483 of European Pharmacopieia : “Products with risk of transmitting agents of animal spongiform encephalopathies”. SYMATESE has obtained a certificate of suitability for its 2 Type I bovine collagen raw materials.
Hyaluronic Acid Transformation: Cross-linking, formulation, purification
For more than 10 years SYMATESE has worked with Hyaluronic acid for the design of new innovative medical devices.
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring macromolecule belonging to the glycosaminoglycan family.
This polysaccharide, composed of repeating disaccharide units of glucuronic acid and N-acetylglucosamine, exhibits unique properties thus allowing for many different applications in the medical field:
- HA is a natural component of most human and animal tissues with an identical primary chemical structure whatever the extraction source and rapid well known catabolism, making this macromolecule safe for medical use,
- HA has a strong hydrophilic nature and its structure occupies a very large volume in physiological conditions,
- HA exhibits viscoelastic properties of great interest in medical context.
Thus, HA is the main component of key medical devices in many medical fields.
For more than 30 years, biopolymers have been at the center of SYMATESE’s expertise.
In many medical fields, polymers of natural origin are the “gold-standard” for the design of customized medical solutions and biomaterials.
Every medical field can benefit from biopolymers.
Aditionnally to Collagen and Hyarunic acid, SYMATESE is specialized in other transformation of the following biopolymers into efficient, innovative medical devices:
Alginate or alginic salts,Cellulose, Chitosan, Ultra-pure Gelatin , Agarose, Other glycosaminoglycans and Polysaccharides.
Plastic injection molding allows us to supply a large variety of thermoplastic products
In most medical fields, thermoplastic are key as they help to provide effectively the treatment with products such as delivery systems, high tech syringes, sets, customized collagens, emergency devices, diagnostic devices, needle guides but also IOL injectors and cartridges for cataract treatment.
The thermoplastic most commonly used can be made of COC (Cyclic Olefin Copolymer), COP (Cyclic Olefin Polymer), PP (polypropylenes), PE (polyethylenes), PET (polyesters), PC (polycarbonate), ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), POM (Polyoxymethylene), PA (polyamides), PEEK etc.